1) First off, is there any chance that the Grand Hyatt Kauai is the greatest resort in the entire world?
OF COURSE, NO DOUBT AT ALL!
2) That was a silly first question, but we only we ask because WE believe it. We get the opportunity to spend a ton of time on the property and love it all, but what is the most “breath taking” element that guests can expect to find at the property?
WALK OUT ON THE BEACH AT SUNRISE OR SUNSET, THE SKY IS THE MOST AMAZING COLOR – OR SIT AT SEAVIEW TERRACE IN THE MORNING AND JUST TAKE IN THE MOST PICTURESQUE VIEW IN THE WORLD.
3) The hotel must host tons of events year round. In your opinion what makes the marathon and especially the sport and fitness expo special?
IT BRINGS THE COMMUNITY TOGETHER AND ITS FUN TO SEE SO MANY NEIGHBORS, FRIENDS, TEACHERS, AND ACQUAINTACES THAT COME OUT TO PARTICIPATE.
4) What type of specials will the Grand Hyatt be offering during race week?
WE HAVE DISCOUNTS AT ANARA SPA FOR RUNNERS SO BE SURE TO VISIT BEFORE OR AFTER THE MARATHON – OR BOTH!
5) And what are some of the typical non-running related activities happening at the hotel that guests can expect?
WE HAVE THE RESORT LUAU ON SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHTS, AND WE HAVE A WIDE VARIETY OF FOOD AND BEVERAGE OUTLETS TO PLEASE ALL TASTES, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST WE HAVE THE MOST AMAZING POOL AND LAGOON.
6) People often visit Kauai for more than just the marathon, what is your favorite can’t miss attraction on the south side?
THE HIKE AT MAHAULEPU BEACH IS A MUST DO.
7) The bar at Stevenson’s Library is one of the race staff’s favorite watering holes, what are the chances of letting our marketing director, Robin Jumper, be a guest bartender on Friday night prior to the race?
I WISH WE COULD, LIQUOR LAWS WOULD PREVENT IT, BUT ROBIN CAN BE A GUEST DRINKER AT STEVENSONS IF SHE’D LIKE – I’LL BUY HER FIRST MARTINI!
8) Any secrets or pro-tips you can share about the hotel?
FLAT ON YOUR BACK IS THE BEST WAY TO GO DOWN THE WATERSLIDE, OR GRAB A FLOATIE FROM THE RECREATION DESK AND FLOAT IN THE LAGOON – MAI TAI IN HAND!
9) We have appreciated the support of the hotel for all 10 years, can we count on your support for the next 10?
THAT’S A SILLIER THAN QUESTION 1 – OF COURSE!
10) That year will be 2028. Do you think the runners will be in space suits or running in virtual reality?
I’LL BE CHEERING FROM MY COUCH SO I HOPE IN VIRTUAL REALITY!